Monin Hazelnut Syrup
Monin Hazelnut Syrup is just one of a delicious range of flavours, used by coffee shops such as Costa Coffee and enjoyed across the country and further afield.
The bottles come in a 70cl Glass Bottle, and a 1l Plastic bottle variation which is ideal for bars, cafes and coffee shops, but can also be used at home.
Boasting the fresh aroma and taste of hazelnut, combined together with rich caramelised notes, Monin Hazelnut Syrup is the ideal tonic for lifting your hot and cold drinks to the next level. Add to enhance your cocktails, coffees, milkshakes, and anything you can think of! This syrup can also add to desserts and other sweet treats.
Not only are hazelnuts rich in flavour, they are also rich in history. In fact, humans have been consuming hazelnuts since prehistoric times. Thanks to their nutritional benefits, gatherers and hunters would include them as part of their diet. Hazelnuts have a particularly deep backstory in China; evidence points to them being cultivated over 5,000 years ago, and an ancient manuscript referenced hazelnuts as one of the five sacred foods blessed from heaven.
Hazelnuts havent only been considered a source of nourishment. They were also used for their perceived healing properties and mystical powers. Ancient Greek physicians, in an effort to treat the common cold, would recommend the use of crushed hazelnuts. The same physicians would even combine ground hazelnut with bear grease to try and cure baldness. The hazelnut tree itself was used as a tool for various endeavours. Ancient Romans crafted makeshift torches from hazelnut branches, and these would be lit during wedding ceremonies with the belief theyd guarantee a long, fruitful marriage.
Despite their diverse past, hazelnuts are generally only used as a food product these days. Turkey is by far the biggest producer and exporter of hazelnuts in the world, with Italy following behind in a distant second. Statistics show Turkey is responsible for around 70% of the worlds hazelnut production. Outside of Europe, other countries such as the USA and Iran also cultivate this popular nut.
The hazelnut is consumed and enjoyed across the globe due to its healthy nature and delicious flavour. They are utilised in an assortment of confectionary items, savoury dishes, and as cooking oil. Although when it comes to popular hazelnut-influenced products, two receive top billing above the rest: Nutella and Ferrero Rocher. These two chocolatey treats sell so well that their manufacturer, Ferrero SpA, use around about 25% of the worlds supply of hazelnuts!
Nuts About Hazelnut Brownie Sandwiches
Whats better than a brownie? Two brownies. Whats better than two brownies? Two brownies which sandwich a decadent, homemade whipped cream filling. That is what this delicious recipe is all about. However, these are not just your standard chocolate brownies or whipped cream; they are infused with the goodness of hazelnuts.
What you will need:
- Before getting down to the fun part, preheat your oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Also grab a baking tray preferably a tin with 25x25cm dimensions and line this with baking paper.
- As oven is heating up, grab a big bowl and throw in the eggs, self-rising flour and 500gs of Nutella. With a wooden spoon or electric whisk, mix these ingredients up really well until everythings smooth and lump free. This could take a few minutes, particularly if youre using a spoon, but it is worth the effort in the long run.
- Once ready, pour the batter into the tray. Dollop the remaining Nutella on top of the batter, and create a swirling pattern. Grab the chopped hazelnuts and sprinkle them across the mixture.
- Now its time to put them in the oven. The bake should take around 30 minutes, but keep a close eye on the brownies throughout. Its vital you do not overbake them. So if the edges become solid yet the middle remains soft with a bit of wobble, take the brownies out as this signifies theyre ready whether this is shorter or longer than the given 30 minutes.
- With the brownies cooling, move on to preparing the whipped cream. Take the fresh cream and Monin Hazelnut Syrup, and pour these into a whipped cream dispenser. Ensure the dispenser is secured tight and screw in the cream charger. Now give the dispenser a vigorous shake for a few seconds, which will pair both ingredients perfectly while also producing light, fluffy whipped cream.
- To prepare the sandwiches, put a brownie square at the bottom, squirt an ample amount of whipped cream on top, and then place another brownie square atop the cream. Thats it. Enjoy!